- As a Senior Project Engineer Green H2 & Derivatives you will be part of our Green H2 & Derivatives Competence Center, and be located in Milan – Italy where you will assume responsibility for managing the design work and all project engineering activities of our local projects, from early development stage through to Detailed Engineering design, ensuring these are developed and maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and applicable legislation.
- Our Power-to-X projects will be based on dedicated renewable power sources complemented by grid imported electricity, feeding large scale water electrolysis systems and e-Fuels production processes. As a Senior Project Engineer of large-scale industrial projects, you will work in liaison with the Competence Center’s Engineering Team and interact with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, including business and project developers, project execution managers and engineering contractors.
- Execution of technical system design and optimisation, Feasibility and Pre-FEED Studies, including related adhoc techno-economic assessments.
- Coordination and supervision of Front End Engineering Design (FEED) activities, including designated technology licensors and engineering contractors, whilst providing technical guidance on the optimisation of the overall project value chain.
- Sourcing, selection and contracting of local leading engineering contractors as needed.
- Track and gain expertise on the state of the art and technical developments in the industry, including related targets, legislation, technical standards and applications in the Italian market, aiming to provide technical recommendations for Power-to-X applicable solutions along the value chain, such as for example:
- Feedstock Supply
- Production and Processing
- Storage and Compression
- Transport and Distribution
- Provision of technical assistance during construction phase, supporting the Project Execution Team as required in all project engineering activities.
- Provision of technical support to local business and project development teams, acting as bridge between the local teams and the Green H2 & Derivatives Competence Center located in Portugal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working on engineering and design of large-scale industrial projects, i.e., oil & gas, chemical or petrochemical industries with hands on experience from feasibility assessment through to DE design; execution of pre-engineering design studies of green hydrogen production plants in particular.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of key engineering codes and standards together with Italian engineering and technical requirements applicable to industrial gases and fuels production, storage and logistics.
- Knowledge of process engineering software systems (Aveva Pro II, Aspen Hysys, others) and Autocad.
- Italian native and Milan resident.
- English proficiency both verbal and written.
- Experience in engineering and design of hydrogen derived e-Fuels, CCUS, e-Ammonia and related technologies.
- Understanding of the European regulatory framework related to the environmental licensing requirements concerning the development and construction of industrial chemical plants.
- Other languages skills (German, Spanish, Portuguese).
- Other process/control engineering and design software.
- Hard working, well organised, proactive, with a teamwork attitude, a flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Curiosity and strong interest to learn.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Master’s Degree in relevant engineering area – Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical.
- Driver’s license and availability to travel.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us in Milan – Italy, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.