- As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will be part of our Green H2 & Derivatives Engineering Team and be responsible for managing the design work of all the electrical engineering aspects of the assigned projects, from early development stage to commissioning and start-up, ensuring these are developed and maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and applicable legislation;
- Our Power to X production projects will be based on dedicated renewable power sources complemented by grid imported electricity, feeding large scale water electrolysis systems and synthetic fuels production processes. As a Senior Electrical Engineer of large-scale industrial projects, you will be interacting with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, including project execution managers, (lead) engineers, engineering and construction contractors, and technicians. Effective communication will help you convey key electrical engineering principles to ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Beyond the responsibility to manage all the electrical engineering aspects of the projects and its compliance with international standards and guidelines, you will be asked to oversee an coordinate multidisciplinary outsourced engineering teams contracted to develop Front End Engineering and Detailed Engineering of our projects;
- Furthermore, a pleasure for successful project execution is mandatory, as you will be assisting on electrical engineering activities during construction phase through collaborative working with multiple contractor companies and equipment suppliers to achieve project goals.
- Ensure the projects electrical engineering and design meet and are consistent with internal specifications and quality requirements, industrial codes & standards, regulations and best practices, equipment specifications and operating targets;
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the electrical engineering and design strategy, concepts and specifications;
- Development of pre-engineering technical studies, including but not limited to:
- Preliminary electrical load lists, schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, cable schedules and MTO;
- Preliminary power system studies and calculations for equipment sizing, UPS, cable sizing, lightning, grounding and heat tracing;
- Preparation of specifications, data sheets and material take-off;
- Preliminary design of single lines, schematics and wiring diagrams, earthing, equipment layout, main cable routing, and similar;
- Review and coordinate electrical 2D/ 3D models with the other disciplines;
- Supervise and coordinate the activity of a small group of junior/intermediate engineers.
- Prepare technical specifications for third party contracting of FEED and DE designs; supervision and coordination of the execution the outsourced FEED and DE designs, involving technology licensors and engineering contractors;
- Deliver engineering work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality;
- Track and gain expertise on state of the art and technical developments in the industry, aiming to support the definition of technological and engineering requirements for the projects and with-it the optimization and future performance and efficiency of the assets;
- Visit construction/plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase on a required basis;
- Participate in FATs of electrical equipment;
- Provide construction support and perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems when required;
- Support EPC procurement activities by reviewing and providing techno-economic guidance on bids regarding the supply and installation of electrical systems and electrical works.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience of working at reputable engineering firms and a minimum of 15 years experience developing Feasibility Studies, (Pre-) FEED and DE and design of LV/MV electrical works for large-scale oil and gas, power generation, chemical, and infrastructure projects; minimum of 5-7 years in a related senior electrical engineering role;
- Fully familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices standards, including ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, ISA, NEMA, CSA, UL, API, and others;
- Experience in electrical design software (Smart Plant Electrical, EPLAN and others) applied to industrial projects;
- Expertise in low and medium voltage systems;
- General knowledge of other related disciplines – process, mechanical, civil, I&C – involved in such large-scale industrial projects;
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal; Portuguese will be a plus) as well as experience from working in multi-cultural environments;
- Experience and expertise design in high voltage systems;
- Experience and expertise design in instrumentation and control systems for oil&gas, petrochemical or hydrogen facilities (Design Basis, Project Specification for I&C, Plant’s Control Systems Philosophy and Architecture, etc);
- Other languages skills (German, Spanish, Italian);
- Hard working, well organized, proactive, with a teamwork attitude, a flexible approach and ability to work under pressure;
- Curiosity and strong interest to learn;
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Availability to travel.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us in Porto – Portugal, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.