- You will be responsible to support the development of Smartenergy’s technology strategy for Renewable Fuels, the choice of the best suited technology and process options and setting up a stable, scalable technology concept for our project development teams. This includes the further development of our blueprint for Renewable Fuels projects, which can be applied consistently with a high level of standardisation across our growing project pipeline. Screening technology innovations, assessing their relevance for our strategy and projects and supporting the creation of strategic partnerships and key suppliers.
- Reporting to our Director Technology Strategy, you will be a major contributor for our technological know-how in term of expertise for all technology aspects of renewable Hydrogen derivative products, in particular Ammonia, Methanol and Synthetic Fuels.
- You will assess the requirements from derivatives off takers to facilitate technical solutions for the logistics, storage, and transport of the fuels to the point of consumption in close collaboration with our logistics partners.
- You will be responsible for further screening and evaluation of different technology solutions for derivative products technologies available in the market to determine the optimal setup and suppliers which best meet Smartenergy’s requirements based on key economic and technical parameters.
- As part of your role, you will continuously monitor technology trends and market developments to update and optimize our technology blueprint and ensure our competitive edge in the industry.
- You will collaborate closely with our Renewables and H2 competence centers in Portugal and hand-over to them the general findings for the further operational development of our specific projects. You will be liaising with the internal engineering teams responsible for the detailed technical planning of specific projects to provide technology expertise and support seamless project design and delivery.
- You will support our sourcing strategy for Renewable fuel technologies, that enables Smartenergy to maximize value throughout its projects, including supporting framework agreements with our technology partners and continuously manage the relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Building on the technology blueprint, you will develop further our cost calculations and production output forecasts to enable initial business case assessments.
- You will actively collect learnings and insights from individual projects in the planning, construction, and operations stages to fine-tune our technology blueprint and drive continuous improvement and optimization with an iterative approach.
- You will also be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions.
- Academic degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Chemistry or equivalent with strong core engineering skills and focus on fuel technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as project engineer or in a similar role in the field of larger scale fuel production projects, preferably including SAF.
- Very good technical knowledge on Hydrocarbons and related technologies and usage, Storage and Energy Infrastructure.
- In-depth technical knowledge of petrochemicals, SMR, Fischer-Tropsch and Haber Bosch Process, and understanding of technology trade-offs and application areas.
- Solid technical and engineering expertise regarding system interplay upstream and downstream (storage and dispensing technology) steps, including required measuring and control technology.
- Experience in screening, selecting and managing technology partners for complex energy transition projects.
- Business proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Driven personality with independent working style.
- Practical, analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Work in a new exciting market which is currently gaining momentum in the EU (and beyond) and have a real impact by contributing your energy to support the achievement of decarbonisation targets.
- Be involved in the further development of our Technology team.
- Work in a strong multinational team with great spirit and atmosphere. You will have team members in various international locations and a positive, caring environment.
- A position based in the surroundings of the beautiful lake of Zurich with an attractive package, tailored to your experience and expertise.
- Driver’s license and availability to travel
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us in Switzerland, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.