- Identify and secure new sites for the development of solar, wind and H2 projects, undertaking technical/environmental assessments and negotiating the lease agreements. If required coordinate and manage external land aggregators for site scouting.
- Liaison and consultation with public entities for the purposes of permits and authorizations for the projects, including regional authorities, municipalities and others.
- Coordinate and monitor environmental procedures (DIA, AAI, others), engaging and managing environmental consultants, ensuring compliance with the design and construction requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor the preliminary design of greenfield projects, with the support of Smartenergy’s Competence Centers, engaging and managing engineering consultants, ensuring compliance with the permitting, environmental and construction requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor the construction permitting process, engaging and managing consultants, ensuring compliance with the design, environmental, permitting and construction requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor the negotiation of authorizations from the landowners for the installation and operation of overhead lines, for the connection of the projects to the distribution or transmission networks.
- Liaise with network operators (REE, IUNs and Distribuidoras) up to grid connection contract closure.
- Liaise and cooperate with Smartenergy’s Competence Centers.
- Manage and report project development process, including timeline and budget.
- Demonstrable experience in developing of large-scale renewable projects in Spain.
- Strong understanding of the Spanish regulatory framework related to the energy sector, particularly the development and construction of Renewable Energy Plants, including environmental and licensing requirements, as well as administrative process.
- Ability to identify and assess grid evacuation capacity and to technically understand evacuation infrastructure.
- Experience in contract negotiation.
- Spanish and English proficiency. Portuguese and German will be a plus.
- Project Management qualification (differentiating skill) with ability to identify, mitigate and/or solve potential contingencies
- CAD or GIS software user
- PVSYST user
- Ability to work autonomously and proactive attention to detail
- Time management
- Verbal and written communication
- Ability to work within a team and support team members
- Degree in Electrical, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Driver’s license and availability to travel.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us in Valencia please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.