- You will be responsible to support the development of Smartenergy’s overall technology strategy and for our Green Hydrogen ecosystem setup to build a stable, scalable technology platform for our project development teams. This includes the further development of our blueprint for Green Hydrogen projects, which can be applied consistently with a high level of standardization across our growing project pipeline.
- Screening technology innovations, assessing their relevance for our strategy and projects and supporting the creation of strategic partnerships and key suppliers.
- You will consider the requirements of hydrogen and derivatives off takers to facilitate technical solutions for the logistics, storage, and transport of hydrogen to the point of consumption
- You will be responsible for further screen and evaluate different electrolyser and derivative products technologies available in the market to determine the optimal technology solutions and suppliers which best meet Smartenergy’s requirements based on key economic and technical parameters. As part of your role, you will continuously monitor technology trends and market developments to update and optimize our technology blueprint and ensure competitive edge for our company.
- You will have a strong interaction with our Renewables and H2 competence centers in Portugal and hand-over to them the general findings for the further operative development for our specific projects. You will be liaising with the internal engineering teams responsible for the detailed technical planning of specific projects to provide technology expertise and support seamless project design and delivery.
- You will support our technology partner strategy including supporting framework agreements with our technology partners and continuously contribute to the relationships with technology key suppliers
- Building on the technology blueprint, you will be involved to develop further our cost calculations and production output forecasts to enable initial business case assessments
- You will actively collect learnings and insights from individual projects in the planning, construction, and operations stages to fine-tune further our technology blueprint and drive continuous improvement and optimization with an interactive and iterative approach
- You will also be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions
- Academic degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Physics or Chemistry or Engineering (preferably Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Energy) with strong core engineering skills and focus on electrolysis technology.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as project engineer, practical researcher, or in a similar role in the field of larger scale hydrogen production projects via electrolysis (larger-scale demonstration or first commercialization projects).
- Very good technical knowledge on Renewables, Storage and Energy Infrastructure.
- In-depth technical knowledge of electrolysis technologies (PEM, Alkaline, SOE) and fuel cell supplier landscape as well as knowledge on petrochemicals, Fischer-Tropsch and Haber Bosch Process, and understanding of technology trade-offs and application areas
- Solid technical and engineering expertise regarding system interplay between electrolysis and upstream (renewable energy production, grid consumption) and downstream (storage and dispensing technology) steps, including required measuring and control technology
- Experience in screening, selecting and managing technology partners for complex energy transition projects.
- Business proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Driven personality with independent working style.
- Practical, analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Have the opportunity to work in a new exciting market which is currently gaining momentum in the EU (and beyond) and contribute your energy to support the achievement of decarbonization targets.
- Be involved in the further development of our Technology team.
- Work in a strong international team spirit atmosphere with team members in various international locations and in a positive, caring environment.
- A position based in the surrounding of the beautiful city of Zurich on an attractive package, tailored to your experience and expertise.
- Driver’s license and availability to travel
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us in Wollerau – Switzerland, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.