As part of Smartenergy’s growth strategy centered on geographies, technology and value chain, we are looking forward to strengthening our accounting team Spain. The Accountant based in Valencia (Spain), is part of the Europe’s SSC. Main responsabilities include bookkeeping, treasury and reporting tasks and preparing for the respective legal entities VAT and Tax reports. This position reports to the Head of Accounting, Reporting and Treasury.
To fulfill the tasks and challenges you will need to be a team player, with good time management and communication skills that will help to establish strong relationships with internal customers.
You will be able to grow in your professional carreer as you gain experience.
- Bookkeeping tasks (General ledger, accruals, depreciation, intercompany, AP&AR, employees’ expenses and banking) at highest quality
- Performing periodic closings and the Year End closing and reports for the legal entities. Explaining main variances to Head Office.
- Prepare periodic review of the intercompany and bank reconciliations
- Statutory accounts for the legal entities, including support to the external audits
- Participate and follow-up of the Internal Control System of the Group
- Performing of treasury tasks, establishment of the Cash Flow Statements and preparation of the data and inputs for the Cash Flow forecasts
- Preparing the VAT, Withholding and Corporate Tax returns
- Supporting the Accounting Team and the Head of Accounting, Reporting and Treasury in other
- related tasks
- Involvement in the definition and operation of Finance Processes (P2P, OTC, R2R)
- Qualified accountant: accounting and finance degree preferred
- More than 2 years of professional experience in the accounting, reporting and treasury related tasks in
- an international environment
- At least two years of relevant experience as external auditor in a “Big 4” Audit Firm.
- Knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Knowledge of reporting tools (Lucanet, HFM) and of ERP systems (SAP, Sage and/or Microsoft Dynamic) is a plus
- High integrity, credibility, trustworthiness, and professionalism
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Strong and motivated team player
- Strong analytical skills and a track record for delivering high quality work
- Proactive, hands-on, and independent working style
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Interest in technology and willingness to understand the technical landscape
- Fluency in Spanish and English language, other European language is a plus
Only resumes in English will be considered in the application process.
Are you motivated to bring your accounting and treasury expertise to lift Smartenergy onto the next level of the new accounting set-up? Then, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.