As part of Smartenergy’s growth strategy centered on geographies, technology and value chain, we are looking forward to strengthening our accounting team Spain. The Accountant based in Spain Valencia will be responsible to perform the Smartenergy European subsidiaries bookkeeping and reporting tasks, preparing for the respective legal entities VAT and Tax reports, and to perform the treasury related tasks.
This position will report to the Head of Accounting, Reporting and Treasury. You will be part of the team that will introduce one ERP, one consolidation tool, rolling forecasts and liquidity planning, pertinent management reports and KPI’s, effective internal control system, robotic process automation to enable effective, efficient, and transparent processes while fulfilling the needs of all stakeholders.
To fulfill the tasks and challenges Senior Accountant needs to be a team player, with good time management and communication skills that will help to establish strong relationships with internal customers.
- Bookkeeping tasks for Smartenergy legal entities in Europe (General ledger, accruals, depreciation, intercompany, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, employees’ expenses and banking) at highest quality
- Performing periodic closings and the Year End closing and reports for the legal entities
- Participate in the implementation of the Internal Control System for the legal entities of the Group
- Support to implement the monthly closing process for the legal entities
- Preparing of the variance analysis and accounts reconciliations at the required
- Assist with preparing at the required periodicity and at year-end the reporting to the Group
- Ensure periodic review of the intercompany and bank reconciliations for the legal entities
- Statutory accounting for the legal entities, including support to the external audits
- Preparation of the data and inputs for the process of reviewing the SG&A costs of local entities
- Preparation of the data and inputs for ad hoc analysis and reports for the Cost Center owners
- Monitoring and maintenance of respective master data in ERP
- Support the development of processes and systems enhancements
- Performing of treasury tasks for the legal entities, establishment of the Cash Flow Statements and preparation of the data and inputs for the Cash Flow forecasts
- Preparation of the data and inputs for the Budget establishment for the legal entities
- Preparing the VAT returns and Corporate Taxes returns for the respective legal entities
- Participating in maintaining up to date Accounting Manual
- Supporting the Head of Accounting, Reporting and Treasury in other related tasks
- Qualified accountant: accounting and finance degree preferred
- More than 5 years of professional experience in the accounting, reporting and
- treasury related tasks in an international environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of Project accounting
- A track record for delivering high quality work
- Knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Knowledge of Lucanet, and of ERP systems (SAP, X3 Sage and/or Microsoft Dynamic) is a plus
- Experience with Power BI is an asset Attributes:
- High integrity, credibility, trustworthiness, and professionalism
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Strong and motivated team player
- Proactive, hands-on, and independent working style
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Interest in technology and willingness to understand the technical landscape
- Fluency in Spanish and English language, other European language is a plus
Only resumes in English will be considered in the application process.
Are you motivated to bring your accounting and treasury expertise to lift Smartenergy onto the next level of the new accounting set-up? Then, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis until the ideal candidate is found.